About This Website
This website affords the ability to exporters and manufacturers to create, submit and electronically pay for certificates of origin (CO) over the Internet 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
With each exporter and/or manufacturer having the ability to self-generate COs, export processes are streamlined with efficiencies optimized for cost and time.
COs created via this website are subject to the review and final approval of the Ministry of Commerce and exporters will be notified automatically of submitted CO statuses via their registered e-mail.
What is a Certificate of Origin?
A certificate of origin (CO) is a document used in international trade to certify goods made in the country from which they are exported from. A CO is completed by the exporter and certified by a recognized issuing body – in the Kingdom of Cambodia’s case, Ministry of Commerce (MOC), attesting that the goods in a particular export shipment have been produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country.
For a CO to be valid, it must be signed by the exporter and countersigned by MOC.
Preferential and Non-preferential COs
Non-preferential COs see goods that do not benefit from any preferential treatment and do not emanate from bilateral or multilateral free trade agreements (FTA).
Preferential COs attest that goods in a particular shipment are of a certain origin under the definitions of a particular bilateral or multilateral FTA. This certificate is required by a country’s customs authority in deciding whether the imports should benefit from preferential treatment in accordance with special trading areas or customs unions such as the European Union, ASEAN or the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) or before anti-dumping taxes are enforced.
Countries Requiring CO
Cambodia issues various different types of Preferential Tariff Certificate of Origin:
- Form A for Generalized System of Preferences (GSP)
- Form AANZ for Australia-New Zealand
- Form AB for CANADA
- Form AHK for ASEAN-HONG KONG
- Form AI for ASEAN-INDIA (AIFTA)
- Form AJ for ASEAN-JAPAN (AJCEPA)
- Form AK for ASEAN-KOREA (AKFTA)
- Form CHILE for CHILE
- Form CCFTA for CAMBODIA-CHINA (CCFTA)
- Form CK for CAMBODIA-KOREA (CKFTA)
- Form D for ASEAN (ATIGA)
- Form DFTPILDC for DFTP Scheme for LDCs.
- Form E for ASEAN-CHINA (ACFTA)
- Form KLDC for KOREA-LDC
- Form RCEP for The Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership.
- Form S for CAMBODIA-VIETNAM
- Form N for Non-Preferential Tariff.
- Form CO Reference Form for Statement On Origin (REX), AWSC-CE and Origin Declaration.